that is right.
and homemade to boot!
I have been trying to lower my sugar intake while providing myself with yummy snacks that satisfy. I find there are not a ton of options & if I do find something I like, I need some variety so I’m not eating only one thing all the time!
I used to make this chocolate quite a bit in the raw food days. I used agave (and a lot of it!). I don’t use agave any more but you certainly can substitute it in this recipe, just don’t go so heavy handed like I did back in the day. I don’t think agave is bad in small amounts, I just now believe it is not the wonder food it was once touted to be!
I recently noticed that one of our local whole foods had all these ingredients but if you can’t find them, www.nuts.com is a great resource.
Orange Goji Chocolate
1/2 lb (8 oz) cacao butter
2 cups cashews
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup – 1 cup goji berries
1/2 cup cacao nibs
2 t. orange zest
pinch sea salt
- Melt cacao butter using a double boiler method
- Put cashews in a food processor & blend until a fine powder
- Add half the amount of gojis & pulse with cashews until they are broken down a bit
- Add melted cacao butter to a 5X5 glass pan (or find adorbs chocolate molds!)
- Add in rest of ingredients & combine well with spoon, fork or spatula so all ingredients are combined & cover the entire pan.
- Chill for at least one hour.
- Pry chocolate slab out carefully with a butter knife, it should come out easy.
- Cut into chunks.
~ try to use organic orange zest as most conventional oranges/citrus are sprayed with pesticides
~ add cacao powder for a real chocolate punch (you may want to add a little bit more honey)
~ try adding your favorite mix-ins, have fun with it!
I hope you enjoy this!
It’s really easy & I believe something you can feel good about eating.
Let me know if you try ti!